My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pazedwardsbooks.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Meet Jenna McIntosh, Heroine of VACATION SOUVENIR

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Hi: My name is Jenna McIntosh and my story is in VACATION SOUVENIR by Paz Edwards. After my jerk of a boyfriend dumped me for a thinner woman, I’ve decided to stay away from men for a while. I mean it! No more men. However, on my first day of vacation on this dreamy island, I met a tall, dark and handsome hunk on the beach in a most unexpected way. Now, I’m having trouble sticking to my decision. My head says, "no" but my body is screaming, “Yes, spend time with him!” He’s such a temptation. I’m not sure if I can resist him.


Excerpt Two

After Jenna had left the stranger on the beach, she didn’t want to risk bumping into him. It would be so easy to give into her urges to sleep with him if she saw him again. She decided to spend the rest of the day, trying to enjoy the balmy weather and beach view from her room’s balcony.

She even picked up her romance novel and tried to get some reading done, but this time, neither the story nor the book cover held any appeal for her. She must have spent an hour reading the same page. Her mind kept going to the stranger when he took over the role of her dream lover.

Not daring to go out in the evening for dinner, she chose to order from room service. Playing with her food instead of eating it, she decided to stop and go to bed early. A fitful sleep finally engulfed her.

The next morning, she woke up feeling braver. “This is ridiculous. I can’t hide in my hotel room for the rest of my vacation! What a coward,” she spoke to herself as she stared in the mirror at her reflection.

She’d do some sightseeing today, she determined. I’ll make a day trip to visit another island. This way, I’m sure not to bump into him.

* * * * *

On the return trip to her hotel that evening, Jenna felt relaxed. Earlier, as she explored the archaeological sites and ruins, she half expected to see the handsome sun-tanned face of the stranger from the beach. A sense of relief washed over her when she didn’t run into him, but at the same time she felt disappointed. She couldn’t deny the tiny hidden part in her that wanted to see him again. Squashing those feelings, she walked down the pebbled street path that led to her hotel.

A corner shop that displayed postcards caught her eye and she decided to stop and buy some. She rifled through the revolving rack and studied each card carefully, making mental notes of which one she’d send to friends and family back home. She became engrossed in picking the cards until she felt as if someone watched her.

Even before raising her head to look around, she had a strong suspicion of the cause. She turned just in time to see the stranger from the beach walking in long determined strides towards her.

* * * * *

Buy it now from triskelionpublishing.com
To read more, go to the Excerpts page on www.PazEdwardsBooks.com

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paz, thanks for visiting my blog. I did read your excerpts and you are obviously a talented writer.

I have a number of friends who have visited Greece and am sure that many of them would be interested in reading an island romance that is sultry and exciting, as your work promises to be. I'm going to check it out and wish you all the best.

May 15, 2006 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the excerpt. Jenna's in trouble now :-)
I really like the cover for Vacation Souvenir, too. I could do with some of that sunshine in NZ at the moment!

May 17, 2006 2:49 AM  
Blogger Paz Edwards said...

Hi Alexandros: Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your kind words.

I wish you all the best, too, with your release, The Spartan Beach Boy.


Hi Shelley: How nice to see you here. I'm glad you liked the excerpt. Yes, Jenna is in trouble. *very big grin* But she manages to handle herself.

What's the weather like in New Zealand at the moment, I wonder? That's one place I'd love to visit one day.


Hi Rocio! I'm so glad you enjoyed Vacation Souvenir! Yay!

You're right. There is a fine line between behaving outrageously and enjoying oneself when on vacation.

I'd like to write a story that takes place in the Dominican Republic. I'll make that one longer just for you. ;-)

Besos,
Paz

May 18, 2006 12:21 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

It's heading into winter, Paz, although our strawberry bush hasn't caught up with that fact yet. It's still bearing fruit! We've grabbed out the hot water bottles and added another blanket to our bed, the dog is starting to bring mud inside and tries to look innocent grrrr Yep, it's definitely winter!

May 19, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Paz Edwards said...

Ahh! Winter in your neck of the woods. Cool! Also cool that your strawberry bush is still bearing fruit. I love it!

LOL! You're poor dog. hehe! Especially in the winter time, when I'd come back from a walk with my dogs, I'd have to clean their paws. The mother would let me, but the daughter wouldn't. I'd have to chase her all around the apartment. Not fun. But the time I'd catch up to her, she had paw prints everywhere. Sometimes, I don't bother. ;-)

Stay warm!

Paz

May 21, 2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Oh that looks great, Paz! I'm going to have to pick up a copy!! And what a good idea, when my book comes out I'll put up an excerpt. I never would have thought of that. I'm a little slow :)

May 21, 2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Paz Edwards said...

Hi Shelli: That would be great to see an excerpt on your blog, too! Of course, you have other great stuff posted there, too. Thanks for stopping by!

Best,
Paz

May 21, 2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger Paz Edwards said...

Hi Ana: Welcome! I know what you mean, I like the map, too. Thanks for stopping by!

Best,
Paz

May 25, 2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger Paz Edwards said...

Hi Cinquetta! Thanks for taking time to let me know you enjoyed Vacation Souvenir (and Chocolate!)! About a sequel; we'll see. So, stay tuned. ;-) Thanks for your kind words.

Paz

May 28, 2006 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home