My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pazedwardsbooks.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Kiss Should be Sonorous...




Le Baiser (The Kiss) c. 1886
Auguste Rodin
Click on photo for larger image



A kiss should be sonorous. Its sound, light and prolonged, takes its rise between the tongue and the moist edge of the palate. It is produced by a movement of the tongue in the mouth and a displacement of the saliva provoked by suction.

A kiss given on the outside of the lips and accompanied with a sound like that made when calling a cat, gives no pleasure whatever. Such a kiss is meant for children, or the hands. The kiss I have described above, and, which belongs to copulation, provokes a delicious voluptuousness. It is for you to learn the difference.

~ The Perfumed Garden, translated into English by Sir Richard Burton, 1886

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Hi Paz,

I love this sculpture. It has so much emotion and depth. Great post!

December 03, 2006 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley: Thanks! I love this sculpture, too.

Paz

December 04, 2006 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, very nice. :-)

December 08, 2006 7:35 AM  
Blogger Liz Falkner said...

And what a difference! :)

Do you have a release date for your next book? I loved Vacation Souvenir and can't wait for another one.

Liz

December 11, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Paz Edwards said...

Hey there, Nic!

Hi Liz: Welcome! I'm so glad you enjoyed Vacation Souvenir. Thanks for taking time to let me know.

I have two completed stories, for which I'm looking for a home. And I have other stories, which I'm working on. One includes a sequel to Vacation Souvenir. So come back for news about release dates.

Best,
Paz

December 11, 2006 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home