My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pazedwardsbooks.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Bird

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Bird suspicious of me
Click on photo for larger image


I mentioned my unusual sighting of books in the park the other day. That wasn't the only interesting thing to see in the park. Another day, as I returned from exercising, I stopped short when I saw a really large bird picking at food on the ground.

With it's size, larger than the usual pigeon or sparrow-like bird in the park, it clearly looked like it did not belong there. Call me a wuss but I was scared to walk past it. I didn't know what its reaction towards me would be.

It stopped eating to looked at me. I suppose, when it determined I wouldn't approach it, it continued to peck at the ground. The bird was very skittish and kept raising it's head to watch what I was doing. It was nervous and so was I.

However, I wasn't too nervous to pull out my camera and take some photos. I would have liked to get some close ups but I was too scared. As a result, I clicked away from a safe distance.

I took a few more moments to watch the bird and then I moved on. Of course, the bird was nowhere to be found the next day when I passed by.

I wonder what happened to it.

Can anyone tell me what kind of bird this is? Sort of looks like a turkey? What do you think?

Paz



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Bird eating
Click on photo for larger image


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Bird walking away from me
Click on the photo for larger image



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are the normal type birds in the park -- pigeons!
Click on the photo for larger image




1 Comments:

Blogger Louisa Trent said...

Paz, I think your city-slicker wild turkey should get together with my country-bumpkin wild turkey. Ah, the sweet gobble-gobbles they'd make together!

I've never had a wild turkey actually wander through my yard until this past weekend. Though--last November,as he drove to work, DH would see one every morning outside an antique shop up the street. The owner took to feeding him, and so the bird returned. Two days prior to Thanksgiving, the much plumper turkey disappeared.

Personally, I suspect fowl play.

(I know, I know, BIG GROAN, but I couldn't resist. BTW, true story.)

Louisa

July 24, 2006 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home