My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.pazedwardsbooks.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Love Affair Not Meant To Be

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Running away from me


I've found a new love but he's playing hard to get and keeps running away from me.

After seeing the Big Bird last week, I didn't think I'd see it again. Yet the opportunity arose once more, this week. I'd finished exercising and headed home, when I saw an unexpected sight -- the Big Bird at the entrance to the park! Imagine my surprise!

I've since learned from a friend that Big Bird (Until I come up with a better name, I've decided to call him Big Bird.) is a male turkey.

Amazed, I watched him for a while. I found it incredible that this beautiful brown feathered turkey (my photos don't do it justice) is living in the park. Maybe it's not an incredible occurence to others, but as I wrote earlier, the park is not the place one expects to see a turkey.

He busily pecked at the ground for food with the other pigeons and birds, as the squirrels did their own thing, too. When he noticed me, he moved away.

A few people passed by, but no one seemed to notice Big Bird. They were all in their own world. I wanted to call it to their attention -- Hey, look, a turkey! What's he doing in the park!? However, none of the joggers looked like they wanted to be bothered. So, I said nothing and returned my attention to the turkey.

I pulled out my camera and walked towards him to try and get a closeup. My photos are bad because of the turkey's movement and far distance from me. *sigh* The faster and closer I tried to get to him, the faster and further away he moved. Boy, was he fast. Big Bird kept moving till he disappeared into the park bushes.

I could only stand there and watch. Big Bird, come back! Stop running away from me! Where are you going?

I'm told that turkeys are timid and not very intelligent. So, unlike some other birds, they won't recognize that I mean no harm. Oh well, I guess our love affair wasn't meant to be. In the meantime, I'll take some birdseed for him, the next time I go to the park.

Paz


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Still running away from me


5 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

How cool! We have a weird looking bird up by my parents cabin. It's runs around the neigborhood and we all talk to it and point it out. I have no idea what it is :) It's big too.

Hey, how are you liking Trisk publishing? I'm trying to decide whether or not to sub to them!

June 07, 2006 2:09 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

We saw some turkeys during our island visit last week. They were trying to run away but there was a fence in the way. They kept running into the fence. They're definitely not inteligent birds!

June 08, 2006 12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shelli: So interesting about the big bird near your parents.

I think Trisk would be happy to receive something from you.


Hi Shelley: That's so funny about the turkeys you saw. Yeah, I can now see they are not very intelligent. Kinda disappointing.

Best,
Paz

June 09, 2006 7:06 AM  
Blogger Loribelle Hunt said...

We actually have a wild turkey hunting season here. They are definitely not the smartest of birds lol.

June 09, 2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Paz Edwards said...

Hi Loribelle! Welcome! Wild turkey hunting season? Ahh!

Paz

June 15, 2006 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home